16 dale, fell and river walks in and around Ambleside.
- Explore the much-loved central Lake District with 16 unique ambles, rambles and scrambles of between three and 11.5 miles.
- Routes from Ambleside, Great Langdale, Hawkshead, Windermere and Brockhole.
- Discover dramatic valleys, ancient woodlands, much-loved lakes and little-walked old ways with Fellranger author Mark Richards.
- Visit Grasmere and Rydal in the heart of romantic Wordsworth country.
- Ascents of Helvellyn, Fairfield, Loughrigg Fell, the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell, Red Screes and more.
- From short strolls to full-day expeditions.
- Notes on buses, boats, parking, pubs and cafés.
- Includes heritage highlights, detailed mapping and downloadable GPX routes.
- 50p from every sale is donated to Ambleside Action for a Future to fund nature restoration and community activities in the valley..
This guidebook is published by Dave and Mark from the Countrystride podcast.
- Ambleside amble
- Stockghyll Force
- High Sweden Bridge
- The corpse road from Grasmere
- A three lakes walk (plus shorter option from Grasmere)
- Loughrigg Fell & Rydal Caves
- Fairfield Horseshoe
- Red Screes & Scandale
- Wansfell wander
- Old ways from Brockhole
- Windermere to Ambleside
- Hawkshead: World of Potter (plus shorter option to Wray Castle)
- Great Langdale – Valley route
- Great Langdale – The ridge home
- Little Langdale – Tarns & falls
- The Helvellyn high way
- SIZE: 195mm x 135mm
- PAGES: 88 pages.
- FORMAT: Softback with laminated waterproof cover.
- PRINTED: in Penrith by H&H Reeds on woodland-friendly paper under the Woodland Carbon Code. For every copy of this book printed H&H Reeds work with the Woodland Trust to plant native woodland.
Shipping and returns
You can collect between 1.30pm-3.30pm from Cherrydidi Keswick on Fridays and Cherrydidi Ambleside on Saturdays. Please call 017687 71170 to confirm your time slot so we can keep everyone safe.
Standard Delivery - £4.00
(5 working days)
UK orders will normally be received within 5 working days. Choose this option if you’re not in a hurry to receive your order and we’ll use the most efficient delivery method possible. (This method only covers up to £20 compensation for loss or damage)
Special Delivery - guaranteed by 1pm (insured up to £500) - £11.00 (Next Working Day delivery on orders placed before midday)
Delivery next working day for orders placed before midday (Mon-Fri). This method covers up to £500 compensation for loss or damage (we strongly recommend selecting 'Special Delivery' for items worth over £50).
International Tracked & Signed Delivery - Europe: £14.90 (covered up to £250)
International Tracked & Signed Delivery - Worldwide: £24.70 (covered up to £250)
International orders will normally be received within 7-14 working days, depending on the destination.
Thanks for continuing to buy British handmade ethical gifts & unique art from Cherrydidi. Finding that perfect gift for a Mum, Dad, brother, sister, your kids, girlfriend, boyfriend, special woman or man in your life, a special friend or even the home, can be a real challenge so we’re glad to have helped. We are a little like Not on the High Street and Etsy but the main difference is we have a real shop you can walk into as well as finding beautiful things online too!
Whether you visited our shop/gallery in Keswick, The Lake District (and met the famous Zak the Collie Dog) or have found us online, buying a gift or piece of art from us will in turn support these talented independent artists and creative businesses - we couldn't do it without you, so thank you for supporting us.